Tuesday 27 April 2010

Red Gerbera


Red Gerbera, originally uploaded by The Puddock.

A few months ago I purchased some radio triggers in order to start taking more strobist type photographs with several flash guns mounted off the camera and fired remotely through diffusers and reflectors.

I don't generally do flowers as a rule. I don't tend to find them all that exciting as a subject, and they are hard to do well. But I had a new flashgun to test and it was raining outside :-)

I take my hat off to anyone who is able to take excellent flower pictures, it's an artform of it's own and it's a lot harder to get decent lighting on a flower than it looks!

Strobist Info: Flash hand held directly above flower - set to half power. Diffused by a piece of paper. Flash triggered remotely by a cactus trigger. Second flash lighting background from below triggered remotely by cactus trigger

No comments:

Post a Comment